Re: Acer 310s

Wolfgang Goeller (wgoeller@active.ch)
Mon, 01 Mar 1999 03:01:03 +0100

Rick Knight wrote:

> Another question. Am I using xscanimage correctly? I've compiled and
> installed sane-1.00 and everything went ok. When I run find-scanner I
> get this response...
>
> find-scanner: found scanner "Color FlatbedScanner_4 0114" at device
> /dev/scanner
> find-scanner: found scanner "Color FlatbedScanner_4 0114" at device
> /dev/sge
>
> When I run xscanimage by itself I get a small dialog box prompting me
> to choose either pnm:0 or pnm:1. When I choose and click ok I get the
> xscanimage window and when I click scan I get an error message "Failed
> to start scanner:invalid argument". If I start xscanimage and specify
> a device on the command line "xscanimage snapscan" I get an error
> message "Failed to open device "snapscan":invalid argument". What is
> the "invalid argument"? Do I have the syntax right for xscanimage? I
> know the Acer 310S is not supported but I expected a little more
> response than just an error message.

What's about the permissions for /dev/sge ??

They syntax for xscanimage is slightly different. As far as I remember
you must suppy not only the type of scanner but also the devicename
(Sorry, I use a modified version of the old tkscan and it works - and
did also work with the Vuego - only Vuegos results where "not perfect")

regards
Wolfgang