Re: UMAX Astra 1200S lamp question

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:34:54 +0100

Zygo Blaxell wrote:

> When I connected power (and nothing else) to the scanner, the imaging
> lamp came on. When I connected the SCSI cable, the lamp stayed on.
> I've tried SCSI bus resets, scanning images, setting every available
> option in xscanimage and scanimage, and never has the lamp been off.
> The lamp is still shining under the scanner cover to this day.

The lamp should turn off after some time. On some UMAX scanners it is some
minutes,on others it is about half an hour I think.
But you must not do anything with the scanner in this time. Already the INQUIRY
command
turns the lamp on or restarts the time count again.

The problem of the recent scanner lamps ins not the time they do burn, it much
more
is the count of turning it on/off.

Bye
Oliver