Re: Mustek Scan Express 12000SP Problems

Dr. Andreas Bolsch (a.bolsch@ic.ac.uk)
Fri, 29 May 1998 11:09:27 +0200

Ole Gerden wrote:

> I have got a Mustek Scanexpress 12000SP and have another problem:
> Scanning in gray- and colourmode only works correct in low resolution or
> if the scanwidth is reduced. In other modes the result contains
> some horizontal stripes in irregular distances. It seems so that the
> imagedata in these stripes is shifted to the left or right. In these

That's exactly the problem I mentioned. However, I've one report of
no such problem. Seems to be a problem of speed/memory. I will try
to decouple reading and postprocessing of data, maybe it will help.
But I can't do until the other (not next) week.

> memory-hungry modes the scanner also sometimes pauses while scanning
> (undependant of strip-height). But I do not know if this normal.

That's o.k. The scanner HAS TO pause as soon as his buffer gets full.
You may increase 'BUFFER' in mustek.c if you've a lots of memory.

Andreas Bolsch