Mustek Scan Express 12000SP Problems

Ole Gerden (ole@comonline.net)
Fri, 29 May 1998 08:54:30 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 28 May 1998, La Vadrouille Du LioN wrote:

> I have a Mustek SE 6000SP scanner and i have the following problems with
> the "new" mustek backend : in the lineart and gray mode, the scanner don't work

I have got a Mustek Scanexpress 12000SP and have another problem:
Scanning in gray- and colourmode only works correct in low resolution or
if the scanwidth is reduced. In other modes the result contains
some horizontal stripes in irregular distances. It seems so that the
imagedata in these stripes is shifted to the left or right. In these
memory-hungry modes the scanner also sometimes pauses while scanning
(undependant of strip-height). But I do not know if this normal.

my system is:
- suse-linux 5.1 (Kernel 2.0.33, SG_BIG_BUFF=128k)
- asus sc-200 scsi-card (NCR chip)
- NCR53c7,8xx SCSI driver (synchronous transfers: off, fast-scsi: off,
allow disconnect: off)
- sane-0.73 with the new mustek.c and .h
- mustek.conf: default (i.e. strip-height 1, lineart-fix,
linedistance-fix)

CU,
Ole Gerden