Re: Problems with xscanimage and SANE 0.72

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 00:25:20 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 25 Apr 1998, Rob Fargher wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Apr 1998 19:35:58 +0200 (MET DST), Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE wrote:
>
> >please have a look where gtk/gtktooltips.h
> >on my system it is at:
> >/usr/local/include/gtk/gtktooltips.h
> >
> >but it may also be at:
> >/usr/include/gtk/gtktooltips.h
>
> I found it in both places
>

> >if you found it, look for:
> > gtk_tooltips_set_tips
> >Tell me what you find!
>
> In /usr/include/gtk, it said:
>
> void gtk_tooltips/set_tips (GtkTooltips *tooltips,
> GtKWidget *widget,
> const gchar *tips_text);
>
> In /usr/local/include/gtk, it said the same but with one more line:
> const gchar *tip_private);
>
> Given that the gtktooltips.h file in the gtk-1.0.0 distribution had the
> extra line, I copied it to /usr/include/gtk. I then rebuilt both gtk (first)
> and sane (second) with :
> "make clean"
> "make"
> "make install"
>
> When xscanimage was compiling, I got the warning that gtk_tooltips_set_tips
> was implicitly defined. Upon running xscanimage, I got the same error message
> about loading shared libraries.

As suggested clean up all of it as you seem to have two versions of gtk
installed which does hurt you now.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |