Re: Problems with xscanimage and SANE 0.72

Rob Fargher (fargher@POBoxes.com)
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 17:04:42 +0700

On Sat, 25 Apr 1998 19:35:58 +0200 (MET DST), Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE wrote:

>please have a look where gtk/gtktooltips.h
>on my system it is at:
>/usr/local/include/gtk/gtktooltips.h
>
>but it may also be at:
>/usr/include/gtk/gtktooltips.h

I found it in both places

>if you found it, look for:
> gtk_tooltips_set_tips
>Tell me what you find!

In /usr/include/gtk, it said:

void gtk_tooltips/set_tips (GtkTooltips *tooltips,
GtKWidget *widget,
const gchar *tips_text);

In /usr/local/include/gtk, it said the same but with one more line:
const gchar *tip_private);

Given that the gtktooltips.h file in the gtk-1.0.0 distribution had the
extra line, I copied it to /usr/include/gtk. I then rebuilt both gtk (first)
and sane (second) with :
"make clean"
"make"
"make install"

When xscanimage was compiling, I got the warning that gtk_tooltips_set_tips
was implicitly defined. Upon running xscanimage, I got the same error message
about loading shared libraries.

Cheers,
Rob