SANE - Scanner Access Now Easy
SANE-Backends-1.0.30 has been released.
This release fixes several security related issues and a build issue.
- epson2: fixes CVE-2020-12867 (GHSL-2020-075) and several memory management issues found while addressing that CVE
- epsonds: addresses out-of-bound memory access issues to fix CVE-2020-12862 (GHSL-2020-082) and CVE-2020-12863 (GHSL-2020-083), addresses a buffer overflow fixing CVE-2020-12865 (GHSL-2020-084) and disables network autodiscovery to mitigate CVE-2020-12866 (GHSL-2020-079), CVE-2020-12861 (GHSL-2020-080) and CVE-2020-12864 (GHSL-2020-081). Note that this backend does not support network scanners to begin with.
- magicolor: fixes a floating point exception and uninitialized data read
- fixes an overflow in sanei_tcp_read()
- fixes a build issue where linker flags would become link time dependencies (#239)
Thanks to the Debian Project for providing
the Alioth GForge service.