SANE - Scanner Access Now Easy
SANE-Backends-1.0.31 has been released.
- adds the canon_lide70 backend
- avision: adds support for the KODAK i1120, fixes thread
cancellation issues, disables exposure option for non-filmscanners
- canon_dr: improves error reporting
- dmc: fixes compiler warnings on the scan area options
- epsonds: rewrites the network I/O following changes made to the
epson2 backend in 1.0.30 to fix security issues. Network support
is still unsupported.
- escl: adds ADF support, fixes many minor issues and improves error
handling. Now also supports devices behind a proxy (needs explicit
- fujitsu: adds support for the fi-800R and a card scanning slot,
fixes a bug when reading hardware sensors on the first invocation.
Adds USB IDs for fi-7800 and fi-7900.
- genesys: adds support for the Canon 5600F, Canon LiDE 90, Plustek
OpticFilm 7200 and 7200 (v2), 7400, 7600i, 8100 and 8200i. Fixes
several issues with the Canon 8600F. Adds 4800dpi support for the
Canon LiDE 210 and fixes 3200dpi flatbed support on the Canon 8400F.
Adds an option to fill dark calibration with a constant. Adds
transparency support for gl847 chipset based devices. Fixes CIS
scanner support for gl842 chipset based devices. Removes lineart
and image enhancement emulation support.
- gphoto: supports the PLANon DocuPen RC800 (with a recent enough
version of gphoto2)
- gt68xx: modifies scan cancellation behaviour
- hp5400: adds button support, fixes a scan cancellation crash issue
- pixma: add supports for the i-SENSYS MF440 Series and untested
support for the PIXMMA G7000 Series and GM4000 Series as well as the
i-SENSYS MF720 Series.
- plustek: fixes a potential buffer overrun
- test: adds gamma options
- removes the SANE Standard. This is now maintained as a separate
project at https://gitlab.com/sane-project/standard. HTML and PDF
versions can be found at https://sane-project.gitlab.io/standard/.
- adds and updates information for multiple supported and unsupported
- translation updates for British English, French, German, Italian and
- scanimage: documents the JPEG compression level
- minor improvements documenting build requirements
- removes the --with-api-spec option from configure
- replaces the --enable-avahi option with an --with-avahi that
defaults to enabling if possible. If the option is given and the
required support is not available, configure will exit with an
- improves checking for libjpeg version dependent requirements
- has been made reproducable (#228)
- fixes build issues on MinGW
- fixes OpenBSD hotplugd scriptlets (!375)
- fixes support for unconfigured USB scanners on MacOS (#38)
- various fixes and improvements in the USB record/replay support
- fixes a file descriptor validation test in sanei_pio
- adds missing include in sanei_usb
Thanks to the Debian Project for providing
the Alioth GForge service.