Re: help?

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 09:13:56 PDT

    On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 09:39:10AM +0200, Murray Irvine wrote:
    > What I have though of doing was to find some way of capturing the
    > "image transfer protocols" from the camera and write my own software
    > for the Ipaq.

    If you can't get documentation for the tranfer protocol from the
    manufacturer that's the way to go.

    > I also thought to try to find the TWAIN standards
    > because the camera is twain compliant, so if I can get a TWAIN
    > environment in C++I should be able to transfer the code to embedded
    > C++. I also need a twain driver for Windows CE which runs on the
    > Ipaq.

    TWAIN defines the interface between the scanning application and a
    program for image manipulation so I don't think that this will help if
    you can't get a TWAIN driver for your camera and your platform.

    > Would you know of ANYTHING that could help me in this project? Be it
    > source codes, software, schematics whatever? I am running on a very
    > tight schedule here and haven't gotten very far!!

    I don't think that SANE will be of any help in this case but you may
    have a look at the articles of the last days concerning how to
    "listen" to the data transferred from a scanner driver to a scanner.

    Bye,
      Henning