Re: How to write a backend?

From: karsten.festag@t-online.de
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 08:58:02 PDT

    Hi Pierre,
    I managed wine to recognize my scanner because it is a scsi-over
    parport one and there is the ppscsi driver for Linux. I have a patch
    for wine which traces the scsi-commands sent to the scanner. This is
    the easiest thing because you can use the SCSI-Support of SANE. If it
    is another parport protocol you may try to use the windows portmonitor
    (I don't remember where to get it, search for it) and trace the data
    that is sent over the parport. But I would suggest opening your scanner
    and writing down the types of the chips that are used. Then ask the
    group or search the web for specs of these chips. Probably you get
    information about the protocol this way.

    Karsten