Re: How to write a backend?

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 09:49:39 PDT

    On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 08:39:49PM -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
    > A friend of mine got a Memorex 6120P scanner and I'd like to write a back end.
    > How do I do this? Do I need anything other than the scanner and a computer?

    If you don't have documentation for this scanner:
    A lot of patience and persistence. Quite some time. Some coding
    practice. The will to follow the SANE mailing list. The will to answer
    questions from other users of this scanner. Did I mention patience and
    persistence?

    There is some information at sane-backends/doc/backend-writing.txt
    (concerning coding style) and http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/develop.html
    (concerning having no documentation).

    Bye,
      Henning