Re: bug in XSANE?

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 07:07:33 PDT

    Karsten Festag wrote:

    > Hi Oliver,
    >
    > Levente Novak and me discovered a strange thing: If you scan an image
    > with XSANE and look at the Histogram of the image afterwards, you see
    > spikes and holes in the histogram (some intensities have a pixel number
    > of 0 and neighbour intensities have higher pixel numbers than they
    > should have. In contrast, scanning the same image with xscanimage
    > doesn't show these holes and spikes.
    >
    > Karsten Festag

    Hell Kartsen,

    when you set color corrections to default value:
    gamma=1.0, brightness=0, contrast=0 before you do
    the scan/preview scan the histogram should not
    have any spikes/holes.

    When you use other color correction values with xsane
    or define a custom gamma table with xscanimage
    you will get the spikes/holes.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --