Re: Mustek 1200ED on SuSE 7.1

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 00:25:17 PDT

    Hi!

    Your scanner should be supported by the newest version of the backend. I
    don't know which verion SuSE shipped with their release 7.1. You can
    determine this with

            scanimage -V

    However, you should be using at least SANE 1.0.4, better 1.0.5. To make
    your scanner work with one of these version, you have to edit the file
    mustek_pp.conf. There is an example for your scanner included in this
    file. Further information about available options can be found in the man-page
    sane-mustek_pp(5).

    If your scanner still doesn't work, please send me the output from

            SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK_PP=128 scanimage -L

    regards
    -- jochen

    [cybermiky@freemail.hu]
    > Hello!
    >
    > Could you help me to set up my scanner? I am a beginner in Linux so I am
    > interested in the simpleest solution. The xsane program will be good for me,
    > but I can't use it. I tried it with every driver which is in the /etc/sane.d
    > directory but it doesn't work. My scanner (Mustek 1200 ED flatbed scanner on
    > parallel port) moves only with the "xsane mustek_pp" command but the image
    > which was scanned was only a white screen (but the paper which was in my
    > scanner wasn't white of course :-)). What should I do? I have to try it with
    > other driver? But I haven't got better one (my operating system: SuSE Linux
    > 7.1). Has anyone a good driver for me? Please send it me in private (I have
    > no Internet access so I can't download any)! Or I have to do something
    > different?
    > Thanx forward!
    >
    > Miky

    Some men rob you with a six-gun -- others with a fountain pen.
    		-- Woodie Guthrie

    [This is a signature virus, please copy me into your signature file!]