Mustek 1200ED on SuSE 7.1

From: cybermiky@freemail.hu
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 15:17:33 PDT

    Hello!

    Could you help me to set up my scanner? I am a beginner in Linux so I am
    interested in the simpleest solution. The xsane program will be good for me,
    but I can't use it. I tried it with every driver which is in the /etc/sane.d
    directory but it doesn't work. My scanner (Mustek 1200 ED flatbed scanner on
    parallel port) moves only with the "xsane mustek_pp" command but the image
    which was scanned was only a white screen (but the paper which was in my
    scanner wasn't white of course :-)). What should I do? I have to try it with
    other driver? But I haven't got better one (my operating system: SuSE Linux
    7.1). Has anyone a good driver for me? Please send it me in private (I have
    no Internet access so I can't download any)! Or I have to do something
    different?
    Thanx forward!

                                            Miky