Re: SCSI problems with SANE 1.0.5, Linux 2.4.x and double buffering

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 14:13:58 PDT

    On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 02:57:29PM +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
    > I got several reports of SCSI problems with Mustek scanners in the
    > last days. I don't think that these are mustek-bugs. The bug reporters
    > provided the following common facts:

    I was wrong, it is a bug in the mustek backend. The buffers for the
    SCSI commands were allocated on the stack and were overwritten between
    the calls to sanei_scsi_req_enter and sanei_scsi_req_wait. This
    doesn't seem to matter in the case of sg v2 but it does for sg v3.
    Thanks to Abel Deuring who helped to find out what's going on.

    Bye,
      Henning