Re: SCSI problems with SANE 1.0.5, Linux 2.4.x and double buffering

From: Frederik Ramm (sane@mail.remote.org)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 02:59:06 PDT

    Henning,

    > * Linux 2.4.x
    > * a SCSI controller that has a queue depth of 1 (e.g. Adaptec 1520)
    > * SuSe 7.x (may be coincidence)

    I'm not sure about the status of other Adaptec drivers, but the
    aic7xxx driver I'm using for my 2940 has been rewritten some time
    between 2.4.1 and 2.4.5; I had to use the aic7xxx_old in order to
    make my scanner work again. The problem I had with the "new" driver
    was very much like what you're describing - no error messages but
    meaningless data.

    Bye
    Frederik

    --