Re: xsane requests username and password after saned has exited

From: Chris Pinkham (cpinkham@corp.infi.net)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 12:01:54 PDT

    > Does anyone have evidence to contradict that? Once again I ask for the
    > person who added this watchdog timer kludge to step forward.

    Wasn't me, :) but I would think that one reason for a timer like this would
    be to keep one person/client from locking up a shared scanner. This could
    happen either because the user leaves the client running and goes to lunch
    or some software error causing the tcp connection to be kept open.

    I'll go back to lurking now. :)

    Chris