Re: Problem with Microtek 35t slide/negative scanner

From: EdHamrick@aol.com
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 07:49:54 PDT

    In a message dated 5/25/2001 6:43:14 AM EST, jonathan@buzzard.org.uk writes:

    > > Now then...my Microtek 35t (PTS1800S) slide scanner doesn't work
    > > anymore since upgrading from a Caldera 2.2.x distro to a Mandrake
    > > 2.4.22-mdk. The SCSI host adapter is a DPT SmartCache III using the
    > > EATA 2.0c driver.
    >
    > You might want to try Vuescan. It costs a little but is much better than
    > Sane for scanning negatives and slides.

    I have the same problem in VueScan 7.0.22 with this scanner. I
    found the problem, and the same fix will work with SANE. The
    problem is that in the stop_scan routine in microtek.c, the 0x1b
    command can fail when the scanner is moving the scan head
    back to the origin. This command needs to be retried for up
    to 30 seconds if it fails.

    It's fixed in VueScan 7.0.23, which I'll release in a day or
    two on www.hamrick.com.

    Regards,
    Ed Hamrick