Re: Canon FS2710 works fine

From: Deiters (ukd@xenon.pc.Uni-Koeln.DE)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 01:25:32 PDT

    did you load the official 1.0.4 backend or our modified one?
    I guess it must be the latter, becasue your scanner was recognized
    by the program.

    The *hardware* control of brightness, contrast, etc., indeed does not
    work. These controls are emulated by the backend. The scanner operates
    with 12-bit intensities to make this possible, but these programming
    details are not visible to the frontend.

    Regards,

    Ulrich Deiters