Re: Linux-compliant USB scanner

From: Michael Rothwell (rothwell@holly-springs.nc.us)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 23:58:39 PDT

    I've been using an Acer ScanPrisa 640u, which is also a "snapscan" scanner, with pretty good success. On linux 2.2.19, I get an oops every so often when scanning in b/w or grayscale. Otherwise, it's fine. Be careful about uploading the right firmware, though. I nearly melted its servo off its mounts once. Bad juju.

    -M