Re: SANE 1.0.4 on Tru64 Unix: build failure

From: Major A (andras@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 09:09:47 PDT

    Henning,

    Sorry for the late answer.

    > This is done by autoconf so I'm a bit surprised that it's not detected
    > automatically. Is "/usr/include/sys/bitypes.h" not included in any of
    > "sys/types.h", "stdlib.h" or "stddef.h"? These are the files searched
    > by autoconf. e.g.:

    No, I just checked. It is included by netdb.h and netinet/in.h
    (through netinet/in6.h and netinet/in6_machtypes.h).

    > Any idea how to fix this?

    I don't know how generic sys/bitypes.h is, but you could test for it,
    and include it in the type tests in configure.in.

    > I think the generic names are the correct ones (and by the way, they
    > are used more then 700 times in SANE so I don't want to change this :-))

    OK, if you can assume the generic types are correct, then this is the
    way to go.

    > Can you send the output of ./config.guess, please? Which compiler do
    > you use? Any other problems with compiling?

    Compiler is either gcc 2.8.1 or DEC's cc, both give equivalent errors.

    I deleted the distribution already, tell me if you still need
    config.guess, I will generate it for you.

    Also, could you please Cc your replies to my private address because I
    am (in principle) no longer subscribed to this list.

      Andras