Re: HP 7400c info / Minolta Scan Dual II

From: Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida (moitinho@civil.ist.utl.pt)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 01:18:14 PDT

    On Wednesday 02 May 2001 16:33, you wrote:
    > > 2) The SCSI inquiry results in (thanks Clark, this is yours)
    > >
    > > Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
    > > Vendor: MINOLTA Model: FS-V1 Rev: 1.23
    > > Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI
    > > revision: 02
    >
    > How was this obtained ?

    Using the usb-scsi/hp5300 driver.

    > > 4) If there is a driver that works for all should it be renamed (not
    > > hp5300, not minolta, not avision). What about SuCsSbI or SCusbSI? This is
    > > SCSI on usb.....
    >
    > Tough question. It would be usbscsiscannerbulkinterrupt.
    > Scsi over USB is used by storage and microtek.

    I have read the arguments in favour of different drivers, you don't need to
    try to explain, but I still don't understand why (for instance) the
    usb-storage driver doesn't work (at least id didn't). Just my problem of
    thinking that I understand what I don't.

    But if someone finds a good naming scheme (CBI, CB, B, BI, ...?) or whatever
    it would be easier for the outsiders to understand what is going on.

    Regards