Re: HP 7400c info / Minolta Scan Dual II

From: Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida (moitinho@civil.ist.utl.pt)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 02:14:54 PDT

    Hello

    1) I have a Scan Dual II (at home...) in a post on 9 Nov 2000 I mailed the
    id's to the list: VID 0x0638, PID 0x026a (this is also on
    http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/usb.ids)

    2) The SCSI inquiry results in (thanks Clark, this is yours)

    Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
      Vendor: MINOLTA Model: FS-V1 Rev: 1.23
      Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI
    revision: 02

    3) The hp5300 module doesn't work with this scanner and Ed Hamrick's program
    (which it suports under windows). A little debugging seems to indicate that
    the problem is on the driver.

    4) If there is a driver that works for all should it be renamed (not hp5300,
    not minolta, not avision). What about SuCsSbI or SCusbSI? This is SCSI on
    usb.....

    5) Those that have this scanner and want to test new drivers MUST read the
    file PROBLEMS in the sane directory at leat 25 times before starting. What is
    mentioned about Mustek flatbed scanners also aplies. Please pay attention.
    when you read and, most important, pay attention when you test.

    6) Now that I have read 25 times the file PROBLEMS I am also willing to test
    patches.

    Regards