HP 7400c info

From: EdHamrick@aol.com
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 05:14:44 PDT

    I just got an HP 7400C (2400 dpi flatbed) and traced the commands
    that it uses. It appears that the scanner is built by Avision, and that
    the commands are almost identical to those used by the HP 5300C
    and Minolta Scan Dual.

    The 7400C VID is 0x03f0 and the PID is 0x0801.

    The SCSI Inquiry string is in lower case, and is:

      "hp scanjet 7400c "

    It uses the same scsi-over-usb encapsulation that the
    Minolta Scan Dual and HP 5300C use. It isn't possible
    to talk to the scanner using scanner.c, since it needs to
    be able to read a bulk endpoint, write a bulk endpoint
    and read an interrupt endpoint. It would sure be nice
    if someone could finish the kernel scsi->usb driver
    for Avision scanners. It would also be nice if this
    scsi->usb driver worked with SCL HP scanners,
    Epson scanners, and Acer scanners. I have all the
    technical information needed to do this, and if someone
    is willing to finish the driver I'd be happy to give them
    the technical information I have on this.

    Regards,
    Ed Hamrick