Re: Memory of scanes

From: Brian Schramm (bschramm@schramms.yi.org)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 10:37:19 PDT

    OK new info:
    I am now running a lot biger machine and still have a problem. So memory is
    not the problem now (at least with 512MEG it better not be). I still can run
    the utilities without the gui running. But with the gui I cannot even run a
    -T on the scanimage command without it locking up. But when I turn the
    scanner off and then back on it passes each test! Interesting little tidbit.

    As far as the SCSI card or driver being at fault, would that be true if I
    could do it in cli and not in gui? I figured that if it was hardware or low
    level drivers like the SCSI driver it would never work. Maybe I am wrong. I
    am using a NCR compatable SCSI card and the scanner is the only thing on it.
    I have a AHA2900 series that drives my drive system.

    Any ideas as to how to fix or test this system would be helpfull.

    Brian

    --
    Brian Schramm
    http://www.linuxexpert.org