Re: GT-9000 not working with transparency unit ?

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 14:00:47 PDT

    I know that TPUs work with the newer EPSON scanners (the
    Perfection and Expression series). I have never worked with
    these older models.

    The fact that you can select the TPU means that the scanner
    communicates with the TPU and the backend gets informed
    about the presence of the TPU.

    Can you please create a log file file and email this to me (khk@khk.net)

    export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=128

    Then start your scanning application (e.g. xscanimage or xsane) with
    the following output redirection:
    xsane > /tmp/scan.log 2>&1

    Then only select the TPU as scan source and start the scan. This log
    file will contain every bit that is exchanged between the scanner and
    the backend, so if you first start a regular scan, you will end up
    with megabytes of useles data. I am only interested in the setup
    of the scanner and the actual scan request.

    Karl Heinz