Re: Twain interface

From: Sebastien Sable (Sebastien.Sable@snv.jussieu.fr)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 03:04:10 PDT

    karsten.festag@t-online.de (Karsten Festag) writes:

    > can you tell me where on the TWAIN site you fond that client? I had a look
    > today and didn't found it.

    That was quite a long time ago, but I think it is this one:
    http://www.twain.org/devfiles/twack.zip

    It is available at the bottom of the download page (in archive) at twain.org:
    http://www.twain.org/download.htm

    It works well with wine and my scanner driver was working under wine
    as well, so you just have to get wine source code, modify the ASPI
    driver so it logs every SCSI command to a buffer, then use this
    utility to launch every twain command from the driver. And there you
    are with a nice log of the protocol of your scanner. It is not very
    readable, but when you don't have anything else, well...

    happy hacking like they say

    --
    Sébastien Sablé <Sebastien.Sable@snv.jussieu.fr>
    http://inova.snv.jussieu.fr/~sable/