[mustek_pp] simple question

From: Massimo Maiurana (maiurana@inwind.it)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 09:44:01 PDT

    I just installed sane-backends-1.0.4 and xsane-0.74 from source and here
    are some lines from my Eterm:

    [root@localhost max]# /usr/local/bin/scanimage -L
    device `pnm:0' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
    device `pnm:1' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
    device `mustek_pp:SE-6000P' is a Mustek MFS-600IIIP flatbed scanner
    device `net:localhost:pnm:0' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
    device `net:localhost:pnm:1' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
    [root@localhost max]# /usr/local/bin/scanimage -d
    net:localhost:mustek_pp:SE-6000P
    scanimage: open of device net:localhost:mustek_pp:SE-6000P failed:
    Invalid argument

    why can I access pnm backend through saned and not my mustek parallel?
    it's tragic, since I can't access it directly as a normal user and xsane
    warns me if I try to run it as root :(
    surely it's trivial to answer this, at least for you, but I haven't
    enough competence to solve it on my own :)

    Thanx
    Ciao,
    -Massimo Maiurana
    maiurana@inwind.it