Re: [snapscan] sane/xscanimage transparency support

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 10:27:40 PDT

    On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 09:35:03AM +0200, Rainer Hantsch wrote:
    > What I highly recommend is to embed a possibility for displaying the actual
    > version number(s) of xscanimage

    xscanimage -V
    I know, this (and -h) is not documented in the man page. I will fix
    this.

    > and (if possible) the sane-backend,

    Some backends (at least mustek) support this by enabling debug
    output. e.g.: SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=2 xscanimage
    [mustek] SANE Mustek backend version 1.0 build 96 (SANE 1.0.3)
    [...]

    I don't know if you can get the version of the backend(s) from inside
    the frontend, but I will look for that, too.

    > because it is currently not possible to find out if the older version
    > (from before) or the new version is running.

    ls -l `which xscanimage`?

    > (Add a pulldown menu option "help" and place there an option "INFO", which
    > shows all interesting data, as version number, date and time of
    > compilation,...)

    How can the date of compilation be included?

    Bye,
      Henning