Re: [dev] Status of NS LM983x USB support (e.g. Bearpaw, Canon 650U, Plustek OpticPro U12)

From: Jaeger, Gerhard (gjaeger@sysgo.de)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 23:07:40 PDT

    Hi Henning, hi list,

    I'd like to support you in writing such a backend. I have obtained source code
    from Plustek and a test device (Optic Pro UT12).
    I first planned to integrate the USB support into the current Plustek-backend
    (for parallel port scanners), but as there are quite a lot of other LM983x based
    scanners, I think it will be much better to have one "generic" backend for these
    devices.

    As soon as I have some time, I will check the stuff that you already have.
    Gerhard