Re: lineart trouble

From: Novak Levente (lnovak@dragon.klte.hu)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 05:04:15 PDT

    On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Pauli Hartala wrote:

    > I wonder why those copies I took with Xsane came up garbled when i chose
    > the fastest setting ie lineart?
    > I have an epson 640U and an old PC97 clone with 64megs of RAM. All
    > packages are as per RedHat 7.0

    Maybe related: with Xsane-0.71, SANE 1.0.4 and the newest microtek2
    backend from Karsten Festag, I also get scrambled lineart pictures when
    saving as PNG, but not as PNM. So in this case, I would suspect Xsane
    0.71, as if I'm correct here, it is responsible for the PNM->PNG
    conversion (the preview comes out correctly, only the saved image displays
    this behaviour).

    Levente