Scan ahead

From: JFL Sane Dev (SaneDeveloper@jflinc.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 11:40:44 PST

    I am a beginner with SANE. Could anyone tell me please how should a
    scan-ahead (automatic scan, the scanner scans asynchronously at highest
    possible speed to its internal memory buffer, the driver reads images at its
    own speed from the scanner buffer) image acquisition sequence be implemented
    in a SANE session?

    If the driver starts the scanner in automatic mode at first sane_start it
    receives, would the application have to not request sane_cancel until all
    images are transferred?

    If the application would call repeatedly sane_start +
    sane_read_until_SANE_STATUS_EOF for each image, and then call sane_cancel
    when sane_start (or sane_read) returns SANE_STATUS_NO_DOCS? Would this be
    the correct procedure?

    Thanks,
    Marius Niculescu