Re: Colour matching

From: Robert N. Eaton (moth28@infinet-is.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 08:19:42 PST

    To throw another roll of concertina wire in our path, the human eye
    responds differently to incident (or transmissive) color and reflective
    color. My son, a photographer, with years of color printing experience,
    found using digital cameras, computers, and highend commercial printers
    difficult for all the reasons m1garandusa wrote about. Additionally,
    different batches of ink from the same manufacturer can exhibit
    differing results. Getting an "accurate" color image on paper may
    require equal parts of technology, voodoo, and zen.

    If you are working in a color-critical job, avail youself of the best
    tools you can afford. Decent colorimeters, though expensive, are worth
    it.

    Bob Eaton