RE: Colour matching

From: Marcel Pol (mpol@gmx.net)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 08:05:04 PST

    On 24-Mar-01 Jim Ford wrote:
    > Any tips or urls on matching the colour on the screen to the printed
    > result, please? From what I've read, there's a technique in Photoshop
    > to do this, but I'm not aware of any for Linux utilities.
    > The match between the original and what is displayed on the sreen is
    > pretty accurate on my setup, but the printed result isn't. I'm using a
    > HP890C and an Epson Stlus 600.

    I hasve an Eposon 670 and it is well known for Epson printers, that you
    need to mess with gamma options in Ghostscript.
    Even then the colors aren't always correct.
    For the rest, they work rather good.

    I wouldn't suggest a Canon, their support is horrible.
    HP's can be ok.
    Since Lexmark offers closed source drivers for inkjets they can be an
    option too.

    I had my ghostscript setup working rather good, but i'm just having a
    re-install, and lost the backup of my old install.
    If you are interested, i could tell you how I did it (again).
    A nice site on printers is: www.linuxprinting.org

    --
    Marcel Pol
    mpol@gmx.net