Dust Removal for Nikon LS-2000 Dia-Scanner?

From: Bernhard Busch (bbusch@biochem.mpg.de)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 22:59:28 PST

    Hi all

    I am using the Nikon LS-2000 Dia-Scanner and the latest
    sane distribution. Everything works fine.

    But:

    The documentation of the cool-scan backend
    tells me that it should be possible to
    define the scanmode as RGBA (that means
    to enable the infrared channel) and to use the
    infrared channel to remove dust and scratches.

    In the frontends xsane and xscanimage should be an entry
    to scan in RGBA mode.
    But i cannont find this entry.

    Any help to enable the dust removal feature in gimp,sane,xsane,
    xscanimage?

    Many thanks in advance

    Bernhard Busch

    --