Re: microtek2 and scsi_read_image_status

From: Karsten Festag (karsten.festag@t-online.de)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 12:12:01 PST

    Hi John,

    sorry, I couln't respond because I was on holidays. I can speak for the
    Phantom 330 / 336 CX scanner, which I am currently working on (with some
    success in the meanwhile). At least the 330CX really needs the READ IMAGE
    STATUS command, otherwise it shows unpredictable behaviour. In the
    documentation is mentioned that the scanner goes into calibration after
    this command. And my backend has to query the scanner a few times before
    it is ready. So I think we cannot remove the command.

    by the way, which SCSI-command-documentation do you have? The newest I
    could find on the Microtek ftp site was Rev. 2.2.4 from August 1997. Do
    you have a newer one?

    Greetings

    Karsten