Possible Kodak DC-240 backend?

From: Peter Fales (psfales@lucent.com)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 12:00:23 PST

    (Apologies if these are frequently discussed topics, I poked through
    the archives a little, but was hindered by the fact that the search
    engine is not working.)

    I've been working on a backend for the Kodak DC-240. It's got a few
    rough edges that would need to be cleaned up before it could be released,
    but it's working well enough to be quite useful to me.

    My questions are:

    - Is anyone already working on backends for the DC-240 or other Kodak
      cameras? (The dc210 backend doesn't quite work because the 240 doesn't
      support the "read picture n" command it uses.)

    - Can/should I submit the DC-240 backend to the official SANE release?

    - What's the procedure for doing that? (I'm actually the author
      of the DC-25 backend, but it's been so long since I've touched it
      that procedures may have changed, even if I remembered them)

    Thanks!

    Peter Fales
    peter@fales.com or psfales@lucent.com