INQUIRY: leave one blank at the end...

From: Frederik Ramm (frederik@remote.org)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 11:48:48 PST

       is there a rational explanation why some backends make a point of
    trimming the vendor and product names returned by the SCSI INQUIRY
    command but leaving (exactly) one space at the end?

    Grepping for "leave one blank", I found this in the coolscan, m3096
    and sp15c drivers (the latter two being derived from the former), as
    well as in the umax drivers.

    Is it just cosmetics or is there some magic I'm not seeing?

    Bye
    Frederik

    --
    Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail frederik@remote.org  ##  N57°48.10' W005°40.32'