core dump using umax driver on sparc solaris

From: Ron Shonkwiler (shenk@math.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 05:50:04 PST

    Trying to use sane to drive a umax powerlook III on a sparc solaris8
    system. I have installed Schily's scg scsi drivers (and use them
    with cdrecord on my system). Compiled the backend only, set the
    umax.conf to

      option scsi-maxqueue 2
      scsi UMAX * Scanner
      /dev/scg0g

    tested with scanimage -L and see the device, there is a line such as
     device 'umax:/dev/scg0g' ...

    but all attempts to scan result in a core dump. I have carefully
    checked scsi termination and can rule that out as a cause.

    By contrast, going through the same motion on my linux laptop
    results in a successful scan.

    ron shenk