Re: xsane 0.72 win crashes

From: Mick Barry (mick@objects.com.au)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 13:40:28 PST

    Andreas Rathgeber wrote:

    > Hi Oliver, hi Christoph,
    >
    > Oliver Rauch schrieb:
    > >
    > > Christoph Knauer wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Hi People, hi Oliver,
    > > >
    > > > I've a second problem with xsane-win: it crashes often without any
    > > > (visible) reason. The problem, it crashes during different aktions.
    > > > Sometimes I resize the whole preview-window, after it I wanted to change
    > > > from color to lineart, and on clicking on the button it crashes. Another
    > > > time I changed path and filename (only with giving it with keyboard, no
    > > > fileselctbox), then I changed the resolution and scanmode, then I want to
    > > > get a prewiew, but a click on preview will crash xsane.
    > >
    > > When you use a network connection to a scanner server and you start xsane and
    > > do not do anything for some time xsane crashes when you change anything.
    > >
    > > This happens because the network connection is terminated after some time
    > > of inactivity. This does happen with all frontends when you use network scanning.
    > >
    > > May this be your problem or do you experienced any other problems?
    >
    > I've the same problems as Christoph describes. IMHO the only
    > thing that is reproducible is, it takes place when entering
    > a new win-xsane function.

    After a period of time the connection to saned times out. The f/e is
    unaware of this until you perform an action that requires communication
    with the b/e. This causes xsane to crash.

    So if it crashes after a period of inactivity (I think it's about 5
    minutes) then this is the reason, o/wise ???

    mick