kerneld and necessary scanning modules

From: Shea A Martin (snowsquirrel@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 01:37:43 PST

    I would like to edit my modules.conf so that the module autoloader will
    automatically load scanner.o, usb-uhci.o everytime a call is made to
    /dev/usb.

    I guess what I need to know, is what system call does sane make when it
    is started up? (ie. sound-slot-0 is called when /dev/dsp0 is needed,
    thus by editing modules.conf to recognize sound-slot-0 as
    sound_module.o, I never have to modprobe the sound module.)

    Is it possible to do this with 2.4.2 and usb?
    The scanner is the only device which uses usb ports/hub.

    Thanks.
    Shea Martin

    --
    Elbows out...		<i>