Acer 640U: Oliver & Sebastion

From: Shea A Martin (snowsquirrel@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 01:32:33 PST

    To Oliver and Sebastion:
            In the past 3 months I have messed around with my el cheapo 640u in
    order to get it working with snapscan backend. THe two of you gave me
    much help in this area. I have come to a few conclusions and just
    thought I would share them with the list (FYI).

    1.) I had a 1996 aptiva w/ onboard usb (intel uhci). Don't ask me why,
    they even shipped a unit with usb before usb was supported by even
    Windows? On this machine, sane 1.0.1 w/ snapscan patch (also had to
    edit it to recognize FBS13) was 10x more stable than sane 1.0.4 with cvs
    files.
    2.) I just built a new machine with onboard usb, and sane 1.0.4 with
    cvs files works pretty good.
    3.) I just upgraded from 2.2.18 to 2.4.2. Scanner now works
    fantastic. I scanned 20 images last night. No lock or hangs. Actually
    hung for about 10secs, but then started up again. That is better
    results than I ever had in my win days w/ it.

    --
    Elbows out...		<i>
    ...stick on the ice!	\_.