Re: no SCSI recommendations?

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 11:30:54 PST

    Mark Stewart wrote:

    > One other thing: a while back you recommended that I try making a change to
    > the umax.c file (#undef HAVE_SANEI_SCSI_OPEN_EXTENDED). That didn't work but
    > you mentioned one other possibility (though not specifically) that you would
    > have to check on but didn't immediately have time for. Do you happen to
    > recall what that was and could I try it now? Only if you have the time, of
    > course...

    Hi Mark,

    I must admit that I can not remember what I wanted to test.
    I read again our last mailthread but ... still can not remember.

    What did not work with #undef HAVE_SANEI_SCSI_OPEN_EXTENDED ?

    What you can try is:

    edit umax.c and comment out WAIT_SCANNER;
    in umax_reader_process (near to) line 3677.
    Then recompile and reinstall sane.

    It is a very small chance that this solves the
    problem and the chance that we get more problems
    is not so small. Please keep one hand at the
    scanner power switch or the power plug when
    you do the test.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --