Re: no SCSI recommendations?

From: Thomas J. Langrehr (tom_langrehr@usemail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 19:54:29 PST

    I have the Adaptec 2930U and a Umax 2200 scanner and have had very good
    success. I had similar problems a few years ago with a cheep Adaptec
    AVA1505. After a lot of playing with various configurations I fianlly
    got it working (sort of) but that entailed Kernel recompilations, lilo
    options and adapter bios settings. After months of trying many
    different configurations, getting it working, installing a new
    distribution I decided to spend the extra money and get an adapter that
    is fully supported and works every time.

    Tom