Re: Solaris works! New problem.

From: Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 03:47:01 PST

    To Joern, (the list sets Reply-To)

    On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 09:24:32AM +0100, Joern Clausen wrote:
    > and usually configure scripts work out of the box. Ok, Gimp's don't,
    > because the developers decided to parse the result of gtk-config and
    > throw out everything that does not look like '-L...', but that's a
    > different, though sad story.

    You can file a bug about this (bugzilla.gnome.org) but I suspect that
    this is libtool related, libtool and embedded search paths do not get
    along well together IIRC.

    Gimp-devel would probably accept a patch which did the Right Thing, but
    just hacking in -Rs everywhere has already been determined not to be
    that Right Thing (though it may work for you)

    Nick.