RE: Problems with KYE ColorPage-HR5+DTC3181LE+Kernel 2.4.0

From: Patricio Díaz G. (padiaz@rieder.net.py)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 10:53:01 PST

    > If you compiled Sane using the SG header files from the 2.4.0 kernel,
    > you problem may be related to a bug in sanei/sanei_scsi.c:
    >
    > Near line 1900 in this file you'll find:
    >
    > req->sgdata.sg3.hdr.timeout = 10000;
    >
    > This should be changed to:
    >
    > req->sgdata.sg3.hdr.timeout = 1000 * 60 * 10;
    >
    > Without this patch, a SCSI command must be finished within 10 seconds;
    > the patch increases the time to 10 minutes, the same value as used by
    > Sane for older versions of the Linux kernel.
    >
    > Abel

    Abel,

        Please forgive me for not mentioning that I don´t have the source code
    of SANE, I try to download it since a week ago but the server is allways
    busy, (whell, at least that is what my Getright sais). I just installed the
    SANE RPMs that comes with the standart distribution of RedHat Linux 7,
    later I downloaded the Kernel, compiled and installed it separatelly.

        After several try outs, I discovered that when I press CTRL+C a few
    seconds after scanimage runs I get this message:

    [root@patricio /]# scanimage -d umax:/dev/scanner >pat.pnm
    scanimage: stopping scanner...
    scanimage: sanei_scsi.c:1928: sanei_scsi_req_wait: La declaraci?n `req ==
    ((fdparms*)fd_info[req->fd].pdata)->sane_qhead' no se cumple.
    Abortado (core dumped)

        Do you think that when I could download the source code of SANE, and
    appling the patch you mentioned, can I make my scanner work?

        Thanks

                    Patricio