HP5300C Transparency

From: Doug X (fearless1@visto.com)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 23:12:53 PST

Hello,
  I had also posted a similar question back in September regarding my HP6300C.
I am using the ADV-915-H SCSI controller. Peter K. tried to help me (Thanks)
I'm running Sane 1.0.4 on Linux - Mandrake 7.2 (kernel 2.2.17)

  Though my issue was with the transparency adapter. With it enabled regardless of dpi setting, my scanner would only scan at one resolution(by the sound of it) and every image would be black except for a bit of skewed colour at the beginning.

Win95 has no problem with transparency's.
The scanner is the only thing connected to the SCSI card.
  For an experiment, I tried Vuescan to see if it could fair any better, but to no avail. It produced the same type of image as sane. So I think that my SCSI system must be at fault somewhere, not SANE.

  Although I would like this to work, I am in no rush as 3 concurrent research projects at university are killing me and my time.