Problems with KYE ColorPage-HR5+DTC3181LE+Kernel 2.4.0

From: Patricio Díaz G. (padiaz@rieder.net.py)
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 22:52:44 PST

        I am using RedHat Linux 7 and the g_NCR5380 driver as a module, the kernel recognices the SCSI card and my scanner, but when I try to scan something (Ej.: scannimage -d umax:/dev/scanner >pat.pnm) the indicator light that is in front of the scanner turns off, like if it will start scanning, but the head with the lamp doesn´t moves, and the program hangs the system.

        I have readed about problems and solutions about the SCSI card DTC3181x, but of owners of UMAX or PLUSTEK scanners, and they doesn´t seems to have problems to scan, I think that is something betwen my scanner and the backend.

        Can anybody with the most close combination of scanner and software tell me how the h... to get working them.

        If it helps, my motherboard is an Asus P5A-B with Chipset ALI Aladyn (ALI-154x), 128 Mb RAM.

          Thanks,

                            Patricio