Re: microtek 35t+ doesn't work

From: Jean-Pierre Sutto (jpsliste@free.fr)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 04:57:58 PST

    I wrote:

    > I cannot use my Microtek ScanMaker 35t+ with Sane on my linux box. When I
    > try to scan a image, I have the following error message:
    >
    > sane_start: Error during device I/O
    >
    > The scsi card is a Tekram DC 390, and:
    > [...]

    I solved my problem. It was the scsi driver. My distribution use by
    default the AM53/79C974 PC-SCSI Driver for the Tekram 390, which seems
    to be in fact obsolete ! Using the tmscsim driver (or DC390T driver)
    solved the problem (I have not suspected the driver because it was
    working fine with my cdwriter). Now my ScanMaker 35t+ work fine with
    sane.

    I tell you all the story, because I know there is other people with the
    same problem. If it can help...

    --
    Jean-Pierre Sutto