Re: acer 640U and sane 1.0.4

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Jan 20 2001 - 14:45:58 PST

    On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 03:40:13PM -0600, Shea Martin wrote:
    > scanimage -L then listed my scanner. Building sane-frontends failed
    > saying it could not run a scanimage test program.

    Probably the SANE libraries couldn't be found. Did you follow the
    hints in sane-frontends/INSTALL, especially about ld.so.conf? If it
    doesn't work as descibed in thei file, please post the exact error
    message (and some lines before and after it) and the config.log file
    (only the part concerning the error).

    Bye,
      Henning