Fw: acer 640U and sane 1.0.4

From: Shea Martin (snowsquirrel@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 20 2001 - 23:02:15 PST

    I had my acer scanprisa 640u working before with san1.0.1 and the patch. I had to reformat my hard drive and decided I would try sane1.0.4.

    I downloaded the snapscan-11282000.tar.gz file, and overwrote the corresponding files in sane-backend-1.0.4/backend.
    ./configure; make; make install.

    Now scanimage cannot detect my scanner at all. find-scanner reports nothing as well. (ran as root). No errors are put out, just that nothing is found.

    I used Kernel 2.2.18 including usb support and usbscanner support the same as I did last time. I said yes to /proc fs and to usb fs.
    I have the usb modules loaded, and the scanner moduleloaded, but ls /proc/bus/usb show an emtpy directory?? (I can hear scanner movement when the scanner modules is loaded, and when the firmware is uploaded). Sounds healthy, like when it worked before.